A 20 gallon aquarium stand should be able to add aesthetics to your home or office, and also support the heavy tank. So, what does a tank stand do for your aquarium? Why not some regular stand or table for the aquarium? Well many of us underestimate the weight of the tank with water in it. A home table can bend or break with the constant weight load of the aquarium.
A 20 gallon tank stand is required to hold the weight of the aquarium with weight around 225 lbs to 282 lbs depending on the length and breadth. Also, when we buy a special stand meant for an aquarium, it will come with all that is needed for proper support, like a sturdy body, level and even surface, provision for cords, filters and other aquarium related materials.
With that being said, there are different types of stands available in the market, and the size, material as well as the shape will depend on type of tank you have. Below are some of the different kinds of stands that are suitable for most standard brands of aquariums.
20 Gallon Aquarium Stand – Reviews
1. Aqueon Forge Aquarium Stand
The Aqueon Forge Aquarium Stand comes with durable steel construction and also has rust-resistant powder coated finishes that add to the stylish looks of the product and make it sturdy enough for a 20-gallon aquarium filter set. The setup of the aquarium is also very easy and takes only 6 to 7 straightforward steps that can be easily done at home. This aquarium stand comes with a reversible wood panel that can toggle between two colors, brown or black, enabling you to change the look of your stand to match the aesthetics of the room. The tank stand also comes with an additional bottom shelf that can be used to put another fish tank or a showpiece. This tank stand also features a center wood panel that can be flipped upwards for easy access to the bottom shelf.
- The stand has a sturdy build and is suitable for even large aquariums up to 20-gallon capacity.
- The reversible wood panel allows you two different color variants that you can either use in brown color or black color according to your choice.
- An additional bottom self allows the furniture to have a multipurpose function.
- The bottom shelf is smaller than the top shelf and is suitable for holding home décor as well as small aquariums.
This new fish tank has great looks. I used the brown color surface and placed a 20-gallon turtle tank on top as well as a 10-gallon regular fish tank at the bottom. Love it!! I recommend this stand to everyone who has two tanks especially a small one and a big one. The finish of the stand looks good too.
2. Imagitarium Newport Wood Fish Tank Stand
A stylish and modern design and easy assembly define this wooden tank stand from Imagitarium. The stand comes with quick assembly instructions that are easy to follow. The adjustable nylon leveling feet are an added advantage with this tank that can take up to a 20-gallon fish tank.
- The stand is made of sturdy, solid wood.
- A stylish look accentuates the looks of the aquarium too.
- The other shelves of the stand can accommodate showpieces or materials related to the aquarium.
- You cannot accommodate a heavy fish tank on the middle shelf but it’s good for home accents and small tanks up to 2-gallon capacity.
I am impressed by the quality and sturdy finish of this aquarium stand. I put three aquariums of different capacities on this stand. A 20 gallon on the top, 1.5 gallons in the middle, and 10 on the bottom. Works like a charm.
3. Imagitarium Brooklyn 20 gallon Metal Tank Stand
This Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank is made with solid steel and comes with a stylish black finish. This sleek tank also comes with adjustable feet for leveling it before you load your aquarium. The durable solid steel construction of this stand can take a load up to 29 gallons aquarium or terrarium. This model is available in a variety of sizes.
- Made with solid steel sturdy material.
- Comes in many sizes to suit many standard aquarium brands.
- Stylish and sleek looks.
- The bottom shelf might need a wooden plank or something similar to place another tank or other materials.
I own two fish tanks, one a 20 long and another 10-gallon one. They stand perfectly holds my 20 long on the top and is very sturdy too. For the 10 gallons one, I put a separate wooden plank on the bottom, and that works fine too.
4. Ameriwood Home Flipper 20 Gallon long Aquarium Stand
This long aquarium stand comes with a unique patented design that lets you keep the size option of your aquarium open between 10 gallons and 20 gallons. You can use the small shelf (part B) to hold up to 120 lbs or flip it upside down and use the large shelf (part C) to hold up to 240 lbs. This tank stand also comes with two cubbies that are perfect for your home decor. It is made with long-lasting laminated MDF and particleboard and can be assembled at home.
- You can pick a side that best suits your aquarium size. Choose between a 10 gallon and 20-gallon shelf and flip it accordingly.
- Two cubbies accentuate the looks of the stand and can hold home decor or frames.
- The black oak woodgrain finish complements any decor or color scheme.
- Centre shelf with door is an added advantage.
- There are many colors and finish options to choose from for this stand.
Your aquarium needs to fit the entire width of the top rack for better support.
My stand highlights my living room, I am totally loving it. Not only is it super sturdy but it was also very easy to put together, and was able to manage by myself. I have a 20-gallon tank that sits perfectly on the stand and it hasn’t faltered even when my cat jumps on top of the tank.
5. Ameriwood Home Cove 20 Gallon Aquarium Stand
This beautiful and sturdy stand from Ameriwood combines functionality and a modern look. The aquarium stand comes with 4 open cubbies that can beautifully display your home accessories and 2 doors that can put away all the aquarium accessories like net and feed. The medium brown woodgrain finish on laminated particleboard and MDF gives the stand a sophisticated finish and it is paired with the brushed nickel door handles for a modern look. The stand can hold up to 20 gallons or 240 lbs aquarium and requires assembly.
- The design is heavy-duty, durable, and can hold up to a 20-gallon stand.
- The rectangular shape of the stand snugly fits in small corners.
- The cubbies and shelf complement the looks of the stand and can hold home decor or frames
- Easy to set up.
- Comes in many other colors as well as finish.
The tank stand is slightly over-priced but is certainly worth the money spent.
Seeing the box, I was unsure as to how they stand will look after putting together. Well, it came out very well and looks exactly as shown on Amazon. I am very happy with this stand and am using it for my 20-gallon fish tank.
6. Ameriwood Home Wildwood Aquarium Stand
Add a touch of sophistication with this Wildwood 20 Gallon Aquarium Stand for your living room. The stand comes with a 20-gallon capacity and has a rustic brown, grey undertone wood veneer along with laminated particleboard. Also, the stand is accessorized with black metal hardware accents adding a whole new dimension to its looks. The stand comes with two base shelves with doors that can house a variety of things like your fish food, nets, water treatment, aquarium UV sterilizer, and many more. It comes with a load-bearing capacity of 20 gallons and the shelves can hold up to 15 lbs. Assembly required. Dimensions: 30”H x 27.5”W x 15.75”D.
- Stylish finish and durable.
- Easy assembly.
- The two base shelves with doors can conceal many things.
- Does not come with an adjustable level of legs. But the stand itself has a good level of balance.
Quality comes at a price. This stand was pricier than a lot of alternatives I researched, but I am glad that I picked this one. The build quality of the stand is very good and can bear weight up to 250 lbs. The shipping weight of this stand is 78 pounds. The assembly was also pretty easy. I was easily able to align the holes, and it took me about 45 minutes to put them together with a screwdriver and Phillips drill. (drill not required for assembly). The gaps in the doors were easy to adjust so that they look good.